Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) Wetlands Can! campaign WWT has recently launched the Wetlands Can! campaign asking the public to support their call for 100,000 hectares of wetlands
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) Wetlands Can! campaign
WWT has recently launched the Wetlands Can! campaign asking the public to support their call for
100,000 hectares of wetlands to be created in the UK to help fight today’s
climate, nature and wellbeing crises. The campaign includes activities that you can do at home such as sign our pledge and download our Just Add Water toolkit to help you build mini wetlands in your back garden.
Wetlands Can help solve some of today’s most pressing issues by naturally:
· storing huge amounts of carbon to help tackle climate change,
· supporting huge numbers of wildlife to increase biodiversity and help reverse the collapse of
· absorbing water like a sponge to help prevent flooding
· filtering out pollutants from our water to bring back life to our degraded waterways
· making us feel better. Studies have shown wetlands can also improve our mental health.
But they need help. 90% of our wetlands have been lost and those remaining are
still under threat. Globally, wetlands are disappearing three times faster than
Please help WWT campaign for the creation of 100,000 hectares of wetlands in the UK by signing
up at wwt.org.uk/WetlandsCan and sharing this page on social media – #WetlandsCan.
Each name collected will build momentum to help WWT urge the UK government to prioritise and invest in more wetlands.
All Day (Wednesday)
Wetlands Can! is an online event
Newgrounds Lane, Gloucester, GL2 7BT
Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT)
Contact Email Address