What we fund:
Our Great Big Green Week Community Fund supports community groups to organise local events, activities and festivals during the Great Big Green Week 2022. These should engage the local community and celebrate action and progress being made on climate change.
Update May 2022: Following the deadline of our Large Grants Programme, we recommend that applicants read the criteria carefully and include a detailed budget breakdown in your application, as we have a limited pot of funding and are significantly oversubscribed.
We want to support activity/ events that:
In your application we ask that your event/ activity meets ONE of the following:
- Empower local groups to create new connections locally that support new people and organisations to take climate action locally. E.g. local businesses, sports clubs, cultural organisations and faith groups
- Led by or in partnership with groups who are underrepresented within the climate movement. E.g. ethnic minority, disability or economically deprived.
- In locations with no existing green week or related activity. Or, where the event takes existing or previously funded activity to a new level.
- Engage local politicians and/or councillors in events happening in their constituency.
- Support engagement across generations and encourage intergenerational dialogue
|We can fund:||We cannot fund:|
Types of Grants:
We have 3 sizes of grants available:
- Small Grant: £200 to £500
- Medium Grant: £500 to £5,000
- Large Grant: £5,000 to £10,000
Please see ‘How to Apply’ for the relevant deadlines.
Who can apply:
|You can apply if you are a:||We cannot accept applications from:|
Applications for all grants have now closed. For those who applied in June, you will hear from the Great Big Green Week team mid-July. If you have any questions about funding or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are still looking for funding for you event, please see some alternative funding below.
If you’re based in Scotland, Stop Climate Chaos Scotland have launched their Climate Fringe Festival Grants, which you can apply for here.